Sunday, June 2, 2013

Day 2 in the books! (Updated)

(Side note: you can click on the pictures and some computers will let you see a larger one.)

Well, day 2 is in the books and it has been eventful, to say the least. It's late and we need to get in bed, so I'll fill in the blanks tomorrow night. (We are okay, but the bike has not been!) All in all, everything has worked out, so it's still been a great day anyway. Till tomorrow, nighty night.

Below is the post I made on the GL1800riders forum:

I'd like to take the time to thank all that helped with my problem today. We're on a trip from TN to the west coast and, while on our way from Little Rock, I decided to take some 2 lanes to Texarkana. I had stopped for a stop sign and thought I smelled gear oil but really didn't think to much about it, as I had changed all the fluids before departing on our journey. I ran about 50 more miles and pulled in for gas and, you guessed it, there was gear lube all over the back of the bike and trailer. I got on the phone and called Wimpyhonda, as I knew he knew quite a few people out this way. Well, within about 30 minutes he had gotten in contact with Rick Mayes, who in turn got in touch with macgyver, who got in touch with groberts, who had a new rear end. I bought a pump and some rear end lube and stopped every 50 miles of the 100 miles to Texarkana to meet up with macgyver and groberts. On the way, Fred Harmon called, (as he had received a PM from Wimpyhonda) offering his assistance also. I also had a voice mail from someone else, but I didn't get their name, and they were offering assistance also. Anyway, when I did finally get hooked up with macgyver and groberts, we had the new rear end in in about 45 minutes and I'm a happy camper and back on the road again.

All that being said, I'd like to thank Wimpyhonda, Rick Mayes, macgyver, groberts, Fred Harmon, and the mystery man for all your help and concern.

Guys, this is what's so great about this board: a wealth of knowledge and always help if you need it.

Thanks again,
LTH

10 comments:

  1. Wow, an amazing first two days!! Prayers were answered and now on with your wonderful "adventure". Be safe....and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad all is will. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the other link, glad to hear that your rear end is back in working condition! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sound like it all came together. It's sure nice to have have friends. Anyway, keep safe and continue on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh shucks!!! We were hoping you could have had a picture with the little green guys. Ha!! Tell Larry to behave and try to avoid run-ins with the law!! Enjoy this precious time together and take it all in. Be safe and have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We did get a picture of the little green men, but a taxidermist had already embalmed them or something because they had turned gray! Maybe we can get one of those pics on here! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Larry has a broad network, doesn't he Jeff! Glad he does!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Lauren! We miss you guys! We are having a great time. See you when we get back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! Things are looking up now after that first couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the prayers! They are working. Just keep 'em coming! :-).

    ReplyDelete